016 High-School2
2020 VOM police
village-williams143 2
046 The-Old-Mill
053 View-of-Union-Street
054 Wallkill-Ave---church
026 Montgomery-High-School
029 Municipal-Building-firemen-museum
028 Municipal-and-Fire-Department-Building
village museum001b
007 Clinton-Street3
village museum009
011 Community-House-showing-school-in-distance
014 Fire-Headquarters
030 Old-Firemens-Hall
019 Methodist-Church-2
015 High-School
village museum026
033 Presbyterian-Church---Montgomery-Acedemy-3
village museum027
035 Presbyterian-Church-Park-and-Band-Stand
village museum028
037 RC-Church-2
002 Business-Section
003 Clinton-and-Union
004 Clinton-Street-Looking-West
005 Clinton-Street
024 Montgomery-Bridge-across-the-Wallkill-River
20 Fire-at-Montgomery-Academy
006 Clinton-Street2
99 Wallkill-River-Dam-at-Montgomery,-NY
Located in the beautiful Hudson Valley, the Village of Montgomery is a great place to live, raise a family, shop, and do business.

The Village Museum will be Re Opening Saturday, September 19th from 1pm to 4pm

The Following Health Guidelines will be Required for all Museum Visitors
  • Upon Arrival to the Museum : Please Call 845 457-7576

  • Appropriate Face Masks Must Be Worn

  • Maintain a Safe ( 6ft ) Distance from other Visitor Groups

  • During Your Visit, Please follow the One Way Signage.

  • Please Avoid Touching any Exhibit Displays or Cases

Please send any questions to
Thank You as always for your continued support

- Brian Fitzpatrick
  Historian, Village of Montgomery



Montgomery handicap parking permitsThe Town of Montgomery Town Clerk is an issuing agent of parking permits for people with disabilities. To be eligible for a permit from our office, you need to live in the rural part of the Town or in the Villages of Montgomery and Maybrook.

Village of Walden residents can obtain their permits from the Walden Police Department. You need not be a licensed driver or even own a car to be eligible for a handicap-parking permit.

A permit is issued to a person with a qualifying disability, and the permit may be used in any vehicle in which that person is riding. A qualifying disability is one or more of the following impairments, disabilities or conditions that affect mobility and are permanent in nature:

  1. Use of portable oxygen;
  2. Legal blindness;
  3. Limited use, or no use, of one or both legs;
  4. Inability to walk 200 feet without stopping;
  5. A neuro-muscular dysfunction that severely limits mobility;
  6. A Class III or IV cardiac condition (American Heart Association Standards);
  7. Severe limitation in the ability to work due to an arthritic, neurological or orthopedic condition;
  8. Restriction because of lung disease to such an extent that force (respiratory) expiratory volume for one second, when measured by spirometry, is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg of room air at rest;
  9. Any other physical or mental impairment not previously listed which constitutes an equal degree of disability, and imposes unusual hardship in the use of public transportation and prevents the person from getting around without great difficulty.

A Temporary Parking Permit may be issued when a person has a temporary disabling condition, which affects mobility so that the person is unable to walk without a cane, crutches, a walker or other assisting device.

You must obtain proof from a medical doctor (MD), doctor of osteopathy (DO) or doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM, licensed in NYS) only. Have your doctor fill out the medical certification, Part II, on the “Application for License Plates and Parking Permits for People with Severe Disabilities (Form MV-664.1). Forms are available at the Town Clerk’s Office.

Permits may also be issued to a state facility or an agency listed by the state or locality for vehicles they use primarily to transport people with qualifying disabilities. To apply, an agency must provide a letter on their letterhead describing their facility or agency, a copy of their New York State facility license and a list of the vehicles they use to transport people with disabilities.

There is no fee for the issuance of a parking permit. The permit is designed to hang from the rearview mirror when parked, but should be removed when the vehicle is being operated. Expired permits are not valid and cannot be used. If your permit is due to expire, contact the Town Clerk’s Office to find out about the renewal procedures.

New York permits for people with disabilities are available only to New York State residents. However, New York does honor out-of-state permits and if you’re traveling to another state, be sure to check with the police or motor vehicle agency of the other state to be certain.



Several people have asked us recently when the Senior Center might be reopening.

Unfortunately, at the moment conditions are not favorable for reopening the Center due to the continuing threat of COVID-19.

Please know that the situation is being monitored on an ongoing basis with Trish staying in touch and meeting with the O.C. Office for the Aging and the O.C. Department of Health in this regard.

The Advisory Board has also been meeting to discuss safety protocols and best practices to have ready for implementation when it is deemed  prudent and safe for the Center to reopen.  

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.  

Stay safe everyone!