Village of Montgomery Events
Hear tales both historic and haunting on a the Village of Montgomery Candlelight Ghost Tour.
The Tour starts at Village Hall on October 24 at 7pm.
Tickets are available at the Village Hall $5.00 per person.
Halloween Trick or Treating will be tonight October 31, 2020 from 6pm to 8pm.
Tips for a safe and spooky Halloween:
- Children should only go to homes where parents know the residents and stay on the porch or front steps to receive treats.
- Children should cross the street at the intersection, not in the middle of the street or between parked cars.
- Adults should inspect all candy before it is eaten.
- Costumes should allow the child to see and hear perfectly. Little ghosts and goblins should be able to hear and see vehicles.
- Costumes should be bright colored or have glow-in-the-dark patches so drivers can see the children. Flashlights and glowsticks can help!
- Go with the kids! It's safer for them. Parents who dress up may also get a treat!
For residents passing out treats, please leave the porch light on during the Trick or Treat hours. It is safer for the children and lets them know treats are available at this home.
You are cordially invited to join us: December 7th, 2020 at 11:00 am at Powell's Landing Pavilion, Wallkill River, Village of Montgomery .
Commemorate the Day of Infamy- December 7, 1941 with Prayer, National Anthem, Moment of Silence, Taps, and a symbolic toss of the flowered wreath into the flowing river.
For more information, please call: Mark Merring, American Legion 521 Post Cmdr at 527-9195
Support our Troops & Honor the Fallen
The Village of Montgomery Holiday House Decorating Contest is a great way to show off your festive spirit and light up this special season! It is also a perfect project for the entire family to enjoy!
Judging will be on Sunday, December 13th, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and will based on the following criteria, and there will be three winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) for each category:
- Most Beautiful
- Most Traditional
- Old Fashioned Christmas Theme
- Most Original
- Most Eye-catching
- Children's Delight
Please be sure your house numbers are visible.
Please join us for the annual N.Y. Operation Toys for Tots on Sunday, December 6, 2020.
The train will stop between 2:55pm – 3:40pm at the Rowley Lumber Parking Lot, Railroad Avenue in the Village.
Bring a new, unwrapped toy and meet members of the Marine Corps. All toys collected will go to the U.S. Marine Corp. Reserve Toys for Tots Foundation for distribution.
- Music provided by DJ Eric.
- There will be food vendors and refreshments.
Join us for the Annual Village of Montgomery Old Fashioned Holiday.
or call the Village Hall at (845) 457-9661 ext 20